After my last blog, I decided I needed to do something light-hearted and easy to read. And, since I’ve been trying a lot of new products lately, what better way to let you all know a little about my beauty routine and habits than with a tag. So, without more rambling on, here are 30 pressing beauty questions you probably didn’t really want to know.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
No, and I tried to think back to what it was. I’m sure it was mascara or lipstick or something. But, the first beauty product I remember being obsessed with was an eyeshadow quad from Jane cosmetics. This was a drugstore brand, and I’m pretty sure I got it at Wal-Mart. I remember this was the eyeshadow I was wearing when I got my first compliment on my makeup. I felt sooooo cool.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I HATE clumpy mascara or those “spider lashes” trend. So, keep me away from those tacky fiber mascaras. I prefer natural and fluffy lashes with length and volume at the roots. The Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara is probably the best I’ve ever used. I am also a fan of the Dior Diorshow mascara, but anything more than one coat and it’s too much.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I prefer a full-coverage look but a medium coverage foundation. I use a beauty sponge to put it one and then build up coverage just in the areas I need it. It keep foundation looking more natural while still giving a nice coverage and finish.
4. Favorite high end brand?
I try a lot of brands, so it’s hard to decide just one favorite. For makeup, it would probably be YSL. I love their face products and lipsticks.
For skincare, definitely Tatcha! I own so many products, and I love them all.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Chanel! I watch Chanel tutorials all the time and I love the look. I just haven’t bit the bullet and purchased yet.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Toss up between Wet n’ Wild and Milani. Both have amazing products and are affordable. I haven’t found a product I dislike from those brands.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
Not regularly. I do on special occasions. But, I am not very good at putting them on, and they always look wayyyy too fake on my eyes.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Concealer and mascara.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I love a lot of my makeup. But, my most cherished item is my original Urban Decay Naked palette. I don’t use it anymore because I think UD eyeshadows are terrible. But, it’s the first high-end palette I ever owned and the first gift Josh ever bought me, so I have to keep it forever, right?
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
Far too often. I would say once a month I shop at Sephora and even more often I buy drugstore products to try them out.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I don’t have a budget, but I do like to keep any shopping trip under $100 just because I don’t like to spend too much during the month.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
It depends. Walgreens has amazing beauty rewards, so I buy all my drugstore products there. But, I am a VIB Rouge member at Sephora, so I use those perks when I can.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Foundation, lipstick, and skincare. Here are some fun facts: I last counted that I owned 54 lipsticks, 30 skincare products, and 18 foundations. I have a problem. But, I would say, I’m a foundation junkie. I love trying new ones.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don’t hate any brand really, but I think Stila, Urban Decay, and Lorac are all overpriced and overrated.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
No. Unless it’s an ingredient I know I have an allergic reaction to, I don’t avoid anything too much. I’m not an all organic, natural kind of girl. I do prefer to use cruelty-free brands.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora or Walgreens.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
Haha, I wish you could see my vanity right now. I love trying new skincare products. But, I have been trying to simplify my routine just to figure out what helps for my skin the most.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
I don’t think I have one. My favorite haircare brand is Oribe, but I guess Nivea or Olay are the ones I purchase the most for bath and body.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
YSL. They have one of the most comprehensive brands for face, lips, and eyes. Pricey, but so worth it.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Dior. I love their packaging. Everything just looks luxurious.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
- Ashley Graham
- Khloe Kardashian
- Kate Winslet (makeup usually done by the amazing Lisa Eldridge)
- Rosie Huntington Whiteley
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Kind of? I am in a makeup group on Facebook, but those women are petty and rarely talk about makeup, so I only get on there when I need advice about makeup.
23. Favorite beauty gurus?
I follow a lot of gurus, but these are the ones I actually watch:
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
Nope. I think they rarely work the way they should. Just buy a cheek stain or a lip stain.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really. I would say it’s the only time I’m not clumsy, haha. But, I do end up with mascara on my nose often.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I always use a face primer and I use concealer as a primer for my eyes.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Three. Shampoo, conditioner, hair oil.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation. Unless I am doing something light, then I might do concealer on the areas I need it with a powder foundation on top.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Sure! I think that would be a lot of fun.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love trying and reviewing new products. And, I love just watching my face transform. I don’t wear heavy makeup often, and usually I do a natural, glowy look, but it’s just nice taking that time to myself to get ready.